CAREER OPPORTUNITY | INTERMEDIATE ACCOUNTANT
EnWave Corporation (TSX.V: ENW) is a Vancouver-based company that has developed and commercialized an advanced dehydration technology. Radiant Energy Vacuum (REV™) technology is less costly, much faster and produces better products than the conventional drying options. The company has established itself as the global leader in vacuum-microwave dehydration. EnWave’s innovative and proven technology is currently helping our partners operating in the food, nutraceutical, pharmaceutical and cannabis industries.
EnWave is poised for significant future growth and expansion. The company is seeking to strengthen its accounting and finance team by hiring an Intermediate Accountant. The company’s culture is built upon teamwork, innovation, and proactivity. EnWave aims to create a respectful working environment that enables its employees to grow both professionally and personally.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, comprehensive medical and dental coverage and participation in the employee stock option plan.
The Intermediate Accountant will report directly to the Controller and will be temporarily based in the Vancouver office for the remainder of 2018 and permanently based at the EnWave office on Annacis Island, Delta British Columbia as of January 2019.
The Intermediate accountant will be responsible for all day-to-day financial activities of the business, full cycle accounting and maintaining up-to-date accounting records for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable etc.. Monthly and quarterly responsibilities will entail accurate
maintenance of balance sheet accounts, reconciliations and monthly remittances.
This also includes organization of company records, review of processes and recommending improvements where possible. The successful candidate will work well independently with minimal supervision, able to meet deadlines and enjoy being part of a collaborative and small close-knit team. The accuracy and timeliness of accounting will aid in the reporting function supporting EnWave’s corporate objectives and business plans.
- Accounts receivable billing, collections, reconciliations and deposits
- Accounts payable, invoices and expense report processing, preparation of cheques and EFT payments
- Maintain all accounting records for the current fiscal year
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts, update and maintain relevant spreadsheets
- Preparation of monthly, adjusting, reversing, and accrual journal entries
- Preparation of monthly bank account reconciliations
- Responsible for filing of government remittances
- Work closely with other departments and outside suppliers to ensure processes are being adhered to and resolves any issues promptly
- Handling ad hoc projects
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum 2+ years of progressive industry accounting experience, including AP, AR, and full cycle accounting
- Possession of/or significant progress towards a CPA accounting designation is preferred or completion of a post secondary education in Accounting
- Intermediate working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office products
- High attention to detail, extremely organized and ability to multi-task to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to build relationships across departments and with external partners
- Experience using QuickBooks in a multi-currency environment an asset
- Knowledge of IFRS considered an asset but is not required
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org