ABOUT THE ROLE
The position will be regarded as a key expert in microwave vacuum (REV) dehydration technology, in both raw material preparation and formulation techniques and drying process optimizations.
The candidate will design and conduct experiments, collaborate with external partners and internal teams to execute projects, seek and pursue opportunities for IP, and regularly update project status to the superiors.
You will support specific partner projects and be responsible for developing technical materials, sample prototypes and formulations, and documentation. You will lead, support and work along with a group of experienced food scientists and process technologists.
- Serving as key technical expert for REV dehydration including product preparation, formulation, processing and evaluation.
- Innovating in REV process by creating new snacks or ingredients that reduce the cost of production, are nutritionally superior, easy to process and/or provide increased functionality in the end product.
- Crafting and conducting experiments to evaluate potential applications and processes for new and emerging opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with sales and marketing team to drive progress on key short and long-term projects.
- Working with external business partners and research institutes to fast track new process development and build our team’s capability
- Preparing and delivering high quality internal and external training documentations, presentations, and technical documentation to demonstrate and communicate technology and product performances.
- Communicating to senior leadership and business partners about the status, key insights and conclusions of on-going project work.
- Helping to lead the R&D team by coordinating work streams.
- Keeping appropriate records to support both internal and external activities and projects.
- Presenting work, capabilities and knowledge at conferences, installation training, and customer/partner meetings.
- PhD in Food Science, Biosystems Engineering or related discipline with 1-3 years of relevant work experience with food dehydration technology.
- MS degree with a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in the same area will also be considered.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (word, excel, and power-point)
- High level of expertise with hands-on product development with laboratory and/or pilot plant equipment is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills e.g. making presentations and writing technical reports.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with cross-functional teams.
- Flexibility to work off-hours
- 10-20% travel required to attend trade shows, conferences, and training at partner sites.
- Experience with the entire lifecycle of a food product, from translating the bench-top products to pilot plants and finally to large-scale production.
- Deep understanding of food safety GMP and HACCP, specifically related to drying processes
- Track record of proven experience with experiment design, statistical data analysis, and interpretation of results desired.
Job Type: Full-time
hOW TO APPLY
Email a resume with a cover letter and a list of references to John Zhang (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line ‘’Application – Senior Director’’