For questions regarding pricing, throughput, and machine specifications please submit a technical sales inquiry. For all investor-related questions, please submit an investor-related inquiry below.
We are driven by a big, audacious – and critically important idea: reduce organic waste and provide nutritious, great-tasting food globally. EnWave is achieving this bold vision at scale by being the first to successfully bring together vacuum and microwave technologies for commercial use. EnWave Corporation makes the world’s leading dehydration technology for the food, cannabis, and pharmaceutical sectors. We empower the best companies to innovate and drive growth by fast-tracking the development of new products and nutritious, great-tasting foods and quality organics at scale. All without preservatives or additives.
Now, our innovative REV™ technology dehydrates food and organics far quicker than previously possible. This results in dramatically reduced processing time and costs, less spoilage and the ability to develop foods that are healthier, tastier and have a longer shelf life.
COVID-19 The health and safety of our employees and candidates is our first priority. We closely monitor local, regional, and global conditions related to the pandemic, and your working location as advertised in this job posting may be temporarily subject to change to adhere to recommendations by health authorities and government regulations. Currently, the accounting and finance team is working from home.
about the role
- Lead the SQF Initiatives, direct and work with the team in all SQF related practices and protocols
- Responsible for SQF audit preparation and audit process ensuring facility SQF compliant to the highest possible level
- This position has the authority to maintain systems responsibility function and associated documentation at the level needed to satisfy the requirements of standards that the company is certified to or aspires to be certified to.
- Quality Assurance managers’ responsibility will also involve the testing and inspection function of the organization, as well as supervision of the employees who perform that work. They compile and analyze data and measurements to help management improve work and manufacturing processes, as well as its products. They interact with other departments and help clarify customer requirements and determine means by which the company can meet them
(includes the following, but is not limited to those listed):
- Ensure SQF policies and procedures documentation all in compliance and up to date
- Organize SQF team members to ensure all roles in SQF are clearly understood and followed
- Validate changes to Food Safety Fundamentals outlined in SQF system and Food Safety Plans that have an impact on the ability of the plant to deliver safe food
- Train employees on SQF procedures, assure communication to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF system
- Act as the nominated custodian of the Quality Assurance controlled documentation
- Authorize the controlled copies of the Quality Assurance documentation to reflect the latest practice in the company
- Ensure that the overall Quality documentation meets the Quality Standards & maintain library.
- Arrange for periodic audit of quality systems by the accreditation body and manage internal audits.
- Ensure the completion of competence and training records for department employees.
- Control the recording of all corrective actions procedure and to publish progress reports for HACCP, and SQF Certification when required.
- Understand and implement our HACCP Plan
- Monitor and review the Training program for staff and ensure that the latest Quality, HACCP, and SQF practices are included in the training program.
- Control security & emergency procedures & their relevant functions & Quality documents.
- Arrange training timings & their functions & to liaise with General Manager for documentation.
- Continually ensure all staff has a complete working understanding of the Quality Policy and HACCP.
- Develop and oversee the administration of all quality and food safety programs
- Direct, develop, manage and update all quality programs as necessary to comply with customer regulatory and company standards (Quality Programs include Vendor Certification, Incoming Goods Inspection, Sanitation, HACCP, Pest Control, Non-Compliance/Hold)
- Develop, implement, monitor and update Quality, Process and Sanitation SOP’s. Issues, reviews and maintains product specifications, certificate of analysis and all other QA documentations
- Ensures policies and procedures are followed during purchasing, receiving, storing, shipping, raw material evaluations, sanitation and compliance with good manufacturing, distribution and laboratory practices.
- Contacts the suppliers/ reviews supplier’s data on an ongoing basis and keeps the supplier matrix updated on an ongoing basis. Follows up with the suppliers on the missing/expired documentations on a regular basis and as outlined in Vendor Approval program
- Performs evaluation of raw materials
- Conducts relevant physical, chemical, and microbiological tests on raw material as per specifications
- Audit suppliers and third-party warehouses where necessary
- Represents the facility for internal, external, third-party audits and regulatory inspections
- Writes and presents audit reports to Suppliers and internally to the General Manager
- Build/coach sites on Regulatory and Certification program preparation for SQF, system upgrading, standardization and training where required.
Support General Managers in other processing systems where require (design, training, health & safety, maintenance, etc.
qualifications and skills
- Proven experience (5+ years) in a similar role within the food industry
- Internal and external audit experience
- In-depth knowledge of food safety systems and HACCP principles/SQF and experience implementing and maintaining HACCP/SQF plans, GMPs, FSMA and Quality regulatory requirements.
- Proven management experience including demonstrated change management competency.
- Preventative Controls Qualified Individual (PQCI)
- HACCP and SQF Practitioner certification important.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills.
- Hands-on management a must
- Energetic, enthusiastic, a can-do flexible attitude
Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Job Type: Full-Time
Report to: General Manager
send your resume to: