EnWave Corporation (TSX.V: ENW) is a Vancouver-based company that has developed and commercialized an advanced dehydration technology. Radiant Energy Vacuum (REV™) technology is less costly, much faster and produces better products than the conventional drying options. The company has established itself as the global leader in vacuum-microwave dehydration. EnWave’s innovative and proven technology is currently helping our partners operating in the food, nutraceutical, pharmaceutical and cannabis industries.
The company’s culture is built upon teamwork, innovation, and proactivity. EnWave aims to create a respectful working environment that enables its employees to grow both professionally and personally. We offer competitive salary and benefits, comprehensive medical and dental coverage and participation in the employee stock option plan.
ABOUT THE ROLE
(14-18 Month Contract)
The Financial Controller position will be a 14-18 month contract position covering a maternity leave. EnWave is rapidly growing and there is the possibility of this becoming a permanent position at the end of the contract.
This Financial Controller reports directly to the CFO and will be located at EnWave’s head office on Annacis Island in Delta. We are seeking a designated CPA with 5-10 years of progressive experience in both public practice and industry. Experience in a public company reporting environment is a plus.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for supervision of daily, monthly and quarterly financial activities of the Canadian operations. The role is broad. You are the type of person who can roll up their sleeves and generate results. You will be responsible for everything from monthly accounting, quarterly financial reporting, payroll management, group benefits plan right through to financial analysis and human resources administration.
The Financial Controller is a hands-on role with direct oversight of delivery of corporate accounting, financial reporting, and financial processing. This includes organization of company records, monthly and quarterly financial reporting, and the annual audit. The Financial Controller is also responsible for compliance with regulatory matters such as GST/PST and WCB. The successful candidate is a financial processing expert with diverse experience and will be responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the accounting and reporting function to support EnWave’s corporate objectives and business plans.
- Supervise accounts receivable and accounts payable for timely and accurate allocation and review of outstanding balances
- Review of monthly bank reconciliations, assets, and liability continuity schedules and adjusting entries
- Prepares monthly schedules for projects-in-progress including labour and overhead allocations and percentage of completion accounting for revenue recognition
- Reconciles monthly revenue recognition for projects-in-progress to contract billings and ensures appropriate revenue recognition
- Record and maintain monthly equity accounting for shares, warrants, restricted share units and prepare stock-based compensation journal entry
- Processing and accounting journal entries for share capital exercises
- Maintain all accounting systems for monthly financial reporting and quarterly financial reporting for the current fiscal year
- Responsible for review of government remittances including GST, PST, EHT, and WCB
- Documentation of internal controls and critical processes throughout the organization
- Manage the company’s Synerion time tracking system including timesheet submission, vacation and overtime records
- Work closely with other departments and outside suppliers to ensure processes are being adhered to and resolve any issues promptly
- Monitor contract costs relative to engineering budgets and prepares the budget to actual analyses
- Handling ad hoc projects
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Preparation of quarterly financial statements in accordance with IFRS accounting standards, including preparation of supporting schedules for note disclosures
- Analyze and implement new IFRS accounting standards as required
- Manage the quarterly financial statement close process for full-cycle accounting for a Canadian company
- Preparation of group consolidation for 3 entities, including multi-currency translation of U.S. subsidiary
- Prepares consolidated financial statement note disclosures in accordance with IFRS for interim and annual reporting
- Prepares first drafts of quarterly and annual MD&As
- Development of weekly, monthly and annual financial reports
- Administration of time management system, create monthly reports, update and maintain employees and banked balances
- HR administration of onboarding of new employees including group benefits plan, payroll setup, and timesheet system
- Responsible for review and processing of payroll
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Possession of a CPA accounting designation
- Combined minimum of 5-10 years of public accounting experience and progressive industry accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and IFRS reporting standards
- Proficient knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office products
- High attention to detail, extremely organized and ability to multi-task to meet deadlines
- Ability to work as a team member as well as prioritize individual tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to build relationships across departments and with external partners
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Experience using QuickBooks or systems with a multi-currency environment an asset
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Job Type: Full-Time