Career Opportunity | Mechanical Engineer
EnWave Corporation (TSX.V: ENW) is a Vancouver-based company that has developed and commercialized an advanced dehydration technology. Radiant Energy Vacuum (REV™) technology is less costly, much faster and produces better products than the conventional drying options. The company has established itself as the global leader in vacuum-microwave dehydration. EnWave’s innovative and proven technology is currently helping our partners operating in the food, nutraceutical, pharmaceutical and cannabis industries.
The company’s culture is built upon teamwork, innovation, and proactivity. EnWave aims to create a respectful working environment that enables its employees to grow both professionally and personally.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, comprehensive medical and dental coverage and participation in the employee stock option plan.
EnWave is poised for significant future growth and expansion.
The company is seeking to strengthen its Engineering and Manufacturing team by hiring a Mechanical Engineer. This role will report to VP Technical Services and will be based in Delta, BC (Annacis Island).
Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for all day-to-day Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering related activities of Enwave’s business, from full product cycle design and development to creating and releasing design documents, product specifications for Enwave’s manufacturing team and its vendors.
Responsibilities will entail accurate maintenance of product documentations and related compliance information, generating necessary design drawings, maintenance, operation and installation documents. This also includes organization of internal records, review of processes and recommending improvements where possible.
The successful candidate will work well independently with minimal supervision, able to meet deadlines and enjoy being part of a collaborative and small close-knit team. The accuracy and timeliness of Engineering will aid in the design and manufacturing function supporting EnWave’s corporate objectives and business plans.
- Mentors and coaches Junior Engineering or Manufacturing personnel, Student COOP Engineers and CNC Machinist/Operators.
- Ability to complete Engineering tasks on drafting, designing, detailing and verification of engineering drawings and specifications
- Communicates with the Production team and provides appropriate and timely engineering direction so that parts can be manufactured on schedule and budget
- Develops and controls design deliverables according to project planning, execution and effective team communication
- Work closely with other departments and outside suppliers to ensure processes are being adhered to and resolves any issues promptly
- Handling ad hoc projects
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- EIT or eligible to become EIT. P. Eng. designation will be an asset.
- Min 2-3 years’ experience working on machine design, sheet metals and welded parts.
- A proven track record in Solid Works. Certification(s) will be an asset.
- Experience with Product Data Management tools and related processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of CNC technology for Lathe, Mill, Water Jet, and Router tables’ is an asset.
- Hands-on Experience in Production, Assembly and Installation is an asset.
- Ability to provide design solutions in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Must be self-motivated. Able to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Travel up to 15-20% time, domestic and international.
Send resume to Mark Alev (firstname.lastname@example.org)