Career Opportunity | Junior Engineer
EnWave Corporation (TSX.V: ENW) is a Vancouver-based company that has developed and commercialized an advanced dehydration technology. Radiant Energy Vacuum (REV™) technology is less costly, much faster and produces better products than the conventional drying options. The company has established itself as the global leader in vacuum-microwave dehydration. EnWave’s innovative and proven technology is currently helping our partners operating in the food, nutraceutical, pharmaceutical and cannabis industries.
The company’s culture is built upon teamwork, innovation, and proactivity. EnWave aims to create a respectful working environment that enables its employees to grow both professionally and personally.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, comprehensive medical and dental coverage and participation in the employee stock option plan.
EnWave is poised for significant future growth and expansion. The company is seeking to strengthen its Engineering and Manufacturing team by hiring a Junior Operations Engineer. This role will report to VP Operations and will be based in Delta, BC (Annacis Island).
The Junior Operations Engineering role is focused in strengthening the supply chain management capacity of the Engineering and Manufacturing group at EnWave Corporation. This role is intended to engineer sustainable solutions for operational and logistics challenges. The core responsibility of this role is to ensure that the supply chain of the manufacturing operation works properly and meet the required specifications of each of the projects. This objective will be achieved by identifying operational priorities such as delivery schedule, cost savings, safety, environmental quality, etc. Relevance, time, and costs estimates for decision making are a core skill required to succeed in this role.
This role will also assist to the VP Operations in the implementation of continuous improvement strategies such as 5S and Lean Manufacturing. Also, it is expected that the successful candidate helps maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and safety procedures; complying with legal regulations.
The successful candidate for the Junior Operations Engineering position will work closely with Operations Engineers to reach the objectives and deadlines advised by the VP Operations in accordance to the Corporate objectives defined by EnWave’s Senior Management. It is expected that the successful candidate participates in educational and professional development opportunities as part of the professional growth for this position.
The Operations team is a young, dynamic and enthusiastic group of professionals who value open and effective communication, good interpersonal skills are a key success indicator for the successful candidate.
Supply Chain Engineering
- Design of the best critical path for the supplies and consumables in and out of our workshop.
- Design of the best critical path for the components and equipment to and from our contractors and suppliers.
- Qualification of suppliers by risks, lead times, cost price breakdown, volume, customer coverage, etc.
- Implementation of lean manufacturing projects.
- Coordination of the supply chain strategies for specific projects.
- Documentation and statistical analysis of the supply chain for critical components and projects.
- Management and coordination of our external storage warehouse resources.
- Design local, national and international transportation logistics of large pieces of high tech equipment.
- Coordinate crating and collection of machinery for shipping.
- Coordinate special equipment requirements for machinery such as crane trucks.
- Create standardized shipping documentation.
- Maintain shipping logs.
Logistics (small parcel shipments)
- Coordinate small parcel shipments of parts and components from and to local, national and international shippers/receivers.
- Design the packing strategy of critical components to prevent damage during transportation.
- Maintain a shipping logs.
Receiving: Receiving of materials
- Coordination of the receiving strategy and internal distribution of materials and packages.
- Perform quality controls on the materials received.
- Maintain a material receiving logs.
Participate in the 5S efforts of our workshop including waste disposal and recycling activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, operations engineering, manufacturing engineering, or similar discipline. A master’s degree in operations is an asset for this position.
- Ability to understand and communicate information, and particularly effective following instructions.
- Computer knowledge and skills, specially training in word processing, document management, and data entry.
- Professional, enthusiastic, and approachable.
- Ability to learn quickly, observant and self motivated.
- Sound mathematical and technical skills.
- Good investigative and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
Send resume to Angel Valerio (email@example.com)