Career Opportunity | Electrical and Automation Engineer
EnWave Corporation (TSX.V: ENW) is a Vancouver-based company that has developed and commercialized an advanced dehydration technology. Radiant Energy Vacuum (REV™) technology is less costly, much faster and produces better products than the conventional drying options. The company has established itself as the global leader in vacuum-microwave dehydration. EnWave’s innovative and proven technology is currently helping our partners operating in the food, nutraceutical, pharmaceutical and cannabis industries.
The company’s culture is built upon teamwork, innovation, and proactivity. EnWave aims to create a respectful working environment that enables its employees to grow both professionally and personally.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, comprehensive medical and dental coverage and participation in the employee stock option plan.
EnWave is poised for significant future growth and expansion.
The company is seeking to strengthen its Engineering and Manufacturing team by hiring an Electrical and Automation Engineer. This role will report to VP Electrical Engineering and will be based in Delta, BC (Annacis Island).
The Electrical and Automation Engineer will be responsible for all day-to-day Electrical and Control Process Engineering related activities of Enwave’s business, from full product cycle design and development to creating and releasing design documents, product specifications for Enwave’s manufacturing team and its vendors.
Responsibilities will entail accurate maintenance of product documentations and related compliance information, generating necessary design drawings, maintenance, operation and installation documents. This also includes organization of internal records, review of processes and recommending improvements where possible.
The successful candidate will work well independently with minimal supervision, able to meet deadlines and enjoy being part of a collaborative and small close-knit team. The accuracy and timeliness of Engineering will aid in the design and manufacturing function supporting EnWave’s corporate objectives and business plans.
- Construction of electric panels, on-site wiring, and installation of parts and equipment.
- Electrical design using CAD software.
- Source electrical and electronics components, devices and equipment.
- Participate in the construction and assembly of mechanical components and equipment installation on site.
- Work with electrical engineers in selecting, evaluating, reporting and finding design solutions for electrical, PLC/HMI projects.
- Communicate with suppliers and manufacturers in the fields of electrical, automation and control equipment to get technical support and resources.
- Work on PLC and HMI programming, installation and simulation by supporting design, documentation and reporting.
- Work on PC-PLC communication, remote control through wireless network, and data logging.
- On-site PLC program maintenance under the instructions of the senior electrical engineer.
- On-site training of the PLC/HMI operation of complex machinery.
- Assist in writing operation manuals and training plans.
- Participate in design and production meetings. Follow-up on open items coming out from those meetings.
- Travel approximately 20 – 30%
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- BS/MS degree in Engineering (e.g. Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation or Mechatronics) and appropriate accreditation (EIT or P.Eng)
- Knowledge of electrical design software such AutoCAD Electrical.
- Experience working with process and instrumentation diagrams.
- Hands-on experience working on automation and control.
- Good investigative and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, observant and self-motivated.
- Willing to do last minute trips all around the world.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Valid passport and allowed to travel to the U.S.
Send resume to Jacques du Sautoy (firstname.lastname@example.org)